Vacancies and Career Opportunities
To apply for any of the jobs below please click see more, attaching your CV and covering letter and we will get back to you:
HGV Driver Class 1 | Salary: Competitive | Application Deadline: 9th August 2019
Based in Thirsk, North Yorkshire, Tomrods Limited is a successful and respected, family owned business supplying steel products and services to customers across the North England.
Due to the continued growth and investment an exciting opportunity is available within the steel industry as an HGV Driver Class 1 here at Tomrods.
Hours of work: Full Time, Monday to Friday with occasional night shift.
- Truck driving: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving a goods vehicle: 5 years (preferred)
- Driver CPC (preferred)
- Class 1 (required)
Start date: Immediate
Closing date for applications: 9th August 2019
CNC Programmer (office based) | Salary: Competitive | Application Deadline: 23rd August 2019
Collaborating with both the sales and production departments to prepare estimates and ensure customers orders are accurately entered into the software package in line with the production schedule. The role is office based, working as part of a team within the department and offers full training and support.
Hours of work: Full Time
- Importing customer NC/ DSTV Files and carrying out checks to drawings.
- Drawing up parts using the software package.
- Quality checking all programming work carried out to ensure high levels of accuracy.
- Optimising parts into parent bar materials.
- Programme parts from customer drawings and/ or electronic data.
- Co-ordinating the issue of orders with the production department to achieve customer delivery dates.
- Communicate with customers to resolve information queries.
- Provide assistance to the business in continuously improving systems and efficiencies.
Essential Skills Required
- Computer literate.
- Understanding of steelwork and parts drawings.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-disciplined and an ability to work to deadlines.
- Quality focused and an eye for detail.
- A committed approach to Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Team player.
- An understanding of CAD or Tekla.
- Experience of working in a production environment.
Start date: Immediate
Closing date for applications: 23rd August 2019
Tomrods Limited is a fully quality accredited, leading Steel Stockholder and Service based in Thirsk, North Yorkshire. Established in 1973, Tomrods is a family owned business and market leader in providing customers with high levels of quality and reliability in the supply of both stock bar and processed steels.
Should you wish to be considered for this role please attach a copy of your CV for the attention of Neil Latcham to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 23rd August 2019.
***Due to holidays it may not be possible to respond to your application before the 21st August 2019, however all applicants will receive a reply before the closing date advising if they have been selected for interview ***