Our drilling, notching & milling services
At Tomrods we understand the importance of “getting it right first time and on time” and with continuous investment in both machinery and people we deliver the service promises made to our customers.
Our 2 Vernet Behringer HDX Saw, Drilling, Milling machines offer the very latest in drilling and milling technologies, and are capable of processing materials from 50mm to 18,500mm long, 920mm wide and 510mm high. The internal axis, along with eighteen automatically interchangeable tool stations provide high speed, precise and clearly identifiable processed parts to customer specifications.
In addition to traditional drilling, Tomrods provide customers with advanced options for:
- Notching (coping)
- Milled circular, rectangular and square shapes
- Slotted holes
- Tapping of holes to take threaded bolts
- Weld preparations
- Tee and haunch splitting
- Scribing for fitting positions (on three axis)
Tomrods programming team are able to work directly from customer NC/ DSTV files or alternatively we are happy to draw up parts for approval. All parts are meticulously checked both prior to and after production to ensure a high level of quality is provided to customers.
- Highly accurate steel drilling.
- Improved speed and lead times.
- Allows customers to increase their own capacity at short notice and without the need for a large investment.
- Machine quality and accurate steel milling, steel notching and steel slotting, ideal for architectural applications.
- Marks out fitting positions, speeding up steel fabrication times.
- Fully compliant with CE Marking requirements to Execution Class 4.
- Detailed and accurate planning of production to provide accurate delivery lead times.